45 minute Enterprise talk delivered by our lovely boss Dawn. The speech is aimed at students who are studying Media, Film and Business.
She’s an inspiring gal who’s had an interesting career as both a video editor and practitioner. Dawn started her first business at 22 years old with the help of The Princes Trust. She’s worked with some amazing people and had some interesting experiences setting up and running two businesses.
Here are some of Dawn’s career highlights which she covers in her enterprise speech.
- She went self employed as a video editor in 2006 aged 22 with the help of The Princes trust. Yorkshire Edit is her post production company.
- Her first paying freelance work was making the behind the scenes videos for the Boyzone tours in 2008 and 2009. Here is a press release.
- She volunteered as a Prince’s Trust Young Ambassador in 2008 and helped promote the trust by public speaking about her experiences. She spoke at The House Of Lords, Kensington Palace and met HRH The Prince Of Wales as a thank you for volunteering and helping to raise over 100K in donations.
- Dawn met James Caan from Dragons Den at a Princes Trust event and worked as his video editor for 5 years.
- She set up InspirEd Workshops in 2008. We’ve worked with brands like Bic Pens, The Leeds Young Film Festival, Picturehouse, The National Media Museum and Leeds Royal Armouries to name a few.
- Dawn Co-edited the feature film ‘Lad:A Yorkshire Story’ in 2012. Winner of 21 international film awards.
- Throughout her career as a video editor she worked on projects for M&S, Bupa, Asda, Jaguar, Carphone Warehouse and Premier Inn to name just a few.
- Dawn now volunteers as a Business Mentor for The Prince’s Trust and guides start up’s through the first few years of business.
Watch Dawn in action on BBC News (she’s in the background delivering a talk to 200 students)
If you would like to book Dawn to talk to your students please get in touch.